Sunday, March 11, 2007

Trapped in the (Water) Closet (3/10)

I went to my friend John's coctail party last night. He has a wonderful single bedroom apartment; very posh, very classy.

I was holding it down with some cranberry juice, when it finally worked its urinary tract magic and I had to pee.

I enter his bathroom, and proceed to spend nearly two minutes messing around with the latch to get the door locked. It was a really wierd mechanism in which you had to spin a disk counter-clockwise to lock the door. I additionally had to manipulate teh door so the lock would fit in the slot.

After I do my business, I washed up and prepared to head back out to the party. You can guess what was in store for me.

I could not get the door unlocked! Being claustrophobic, I immediately began to sweat. I turn around to find there are no windows in this bathroom; no escape. I try again and again, twisting it in both directions. My thoughts turn to, what if I am stuck in here until a locksmith comes. I probably would have broken the door first.

I pound excitedly on the door. After a couple repetitions, the outside world hears my claustrophobic cries. Derek gets John in hopes he knows the secrets to his lock.

He doesn't.

Just as I get the most frantic I could become, I accept my linoleum mausoleum; my casket tub.

And this, my friends, is when the lock came undone.

Freedom never felt so sweet.

So of course I stroll out as if nothing happened.

No comments: